Navigating the econ job market
I recently hosted an episode of the ECON-versations with NABE podcast, in which we discussed navigating the 2022-23 industry job market.
- Overview of upcoming recruiting and hiring processes for organizations
- Explanation of industry interviews and differences from academic interviews
- Personal interviewing strategies, common questions, and desired candidate responses
- Tips for acing interviews and avoiding mistakes
- Desired soft skills and personal qualities and how to showcase them in interviews
- Essential software packages and technical skills for resumes
- Insight into the onboarding process and working as a new hire
- Resources and links for learning more about company opportunities
- Recruitment locations, such as NABE’s Tech Economics Conference, ASSA, etc.
- Q&A session covering application, interview, and employment-related questions
I highly encourage prospective job-seekers to listen, as these tips are relevant not only for the 2022-2023 job market and not only for economists.